Kings Shilling Tankard
- 'The King's Shilling, England's navy while being the life line for the small island nation were always short of trained sailors. To get more men to join the navy the press gangs were sent out to recruit men between the ages of 18 and 55 some would be knocked unconscious, threatened with a sword, pistol or musket, or plied with ale. Others would find a shilling at the bottom of their tankard of ale and since they were in possession for the king's shilling, they were in the navy. This led to landlords using glass bottom tankards.'
- Shilling Tankard
- 1 pint capacity pewter tankard
- Plain body
- Square handle
- Touchmarked near rim towards handle
- Bright polished finish inside and out
- Supplied in carton box
- Comes with story card
- Double glass base with genuine shilling trapped inbetween.
- Height: 125mm
- Base dia: 115mm
NOTE: Items are not refundable
Wooden Velvet Lined Presentation Box - Wooden Velvet Lined Presentation Box